Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

I'm doing it...the food budget begins! Week 0

I am sick and tired of having a food plan...not having a food plan...over shopping...wasting food...it's just not cool! I do work a full time+ job, own my own business, getting my MBA, plus everything at home, so it's not like free time is a relevant term in my life. I have found that if I can focus: ad shop, meal plan, budget, and prepare for insanity, life is a lot nicer and I can find a little bit of free time in there!

Blogger Emily Levinson challenged friends and fellow bloggers to join her in "project: food budget"
OF COURSE I jumped on board. Did I start 4 weeks late? Hell yes. Not on purpose of course.
But here I am: 4 weeks behind and excited to begin. And I'm in finals week...so bear with me!

Did you see all of the hoopla of Gwyneth Paltrow "failing" her $29 food stamp challenge? Well- on the bright side, she made a lot of people now realize what 1 out of 7 of Americans have to survive on! Awareness is key.

On our fortunate side, and my savvy saving skills, we have a super well stocked pantry and chest freezer. My goal for the next 2 months is to spend $45 a week (yes, two adults) while using up what we have so it doesn't go to waste. I do have every condiment, spice, herb possible...so that will help. OH, and "urban" gardening helps, too : )

I hope you enjoy my personal challenge. I'll share photos and updates...and grumblings when they pop up throughout each week. Once A week I will share the meal plan and receipt totals so you can keep me accountable!

Let's Do This!

Nicole

Meal Plan Week 1:
(I'll add recipes as the happen!)

Dinners:
Friday - Tilapia Filets with Potatoes and Asparagus
Saturday - Papperdale Bolognaise (and Lasagna for the Freezer)
Sunday- Mustard Salmon with Kale
Monday - Black Bean Taquitos
Tuesday - Pierogies and Salad
Wednesday - Leftover Turkey Casserole (it's still a mystery to me...)
Thursday - Who knows...it's my last class of the semester and I'll be half way done!

Breakfasts:
Chia Seed Pudding
Smoothie
Oatmeal
Pancakes

Lunches:
Salad
Lentil soup
bean burritos
summer rolls




1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment on this the other day, but it looks like it didn't save.

    Super excited to have you joining in on the fun! Can't wait to see how things shape up for you. xo

    ReplyDelete